Header photo by Hamish Grant. Used with permission.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Embed a Video?!? I've never done this once in my whole life!

Want to learn how to embed a video into a blog or website? It's really not as hard as you may fear!


"Pack my suitcase? I don't know how to pack a suitcase. I've never done this once in my whole life!"

- Kevin McCallister, Home Alone (1990)



When it comes to a new social media application, program or process, do you ever feel like Kevin McCallister - overwhelmed, panicked, frustrated? You're not (home) alone.

Fortunately, there are abundant help resources online (here's a helpful "How To" resource list compiled by my colleagues, in an effort to sustain better Network Learning).

Embedding a video into a blog or website may initially seem daunting, but I found an excellent resource that gives written step-by-step instructions as well as a descriptive video (which I've embedded below) that walks you through the process.



If you're still unsure, try this link, which also shows how to embed the video.

My colleagues from Humber College's Public Relations class: Ali, Julie and Sarah all agree that these two sites provide a comprehensive "How To." Happy embedding.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Zach!
    Great job on the Creative Commons hot topic you did. I think the whole idea is necessary and long over-due! It's a strange dichotomy I think that while so many people and companies what to share so much with so many, others may be clawing at whatever property rights they have left....

    As the web develops and alongside it, social media, the ingenuity is endless. Of course, "necessity is the best invention".

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zack,
    This is an extremely helpful how to topic. Not only have I referred to this blog post myself, but I've referred my friends too who have asked me how to embed a video.

    ReplyDelete